For Alabama Senior Olympics qualifying, we use four triathlons that are being held around the state. An athlete that finishes any of the four triathlons will qualify for the 2019 NSGA. After all four races have been completed, times will be compared and the top three in each division will be awarded an Alabama Senior Olympic medal.
We are attempting to have a table at the different race locations for athletes to pick up their packet/bag. Athletes do not need these to participate in the race. The bags will contain athlete's t-shirt and items donated by sponsors. If there is no Alabama Senior Olympics registration table at the event, the athletes bag will be mailed to them. Each athlete will receive one bag.
Late paper egistration will be accepted through June 16, 2018.
May 5, 2018, Saturday Capitol of Dreams Montgomery
7:30 am 210 Water Street, Montgomery, AL 36106
Sprint Triathlon 400 Meter Swim, 20K Bike, 5K Run
May 27, 2018, Sunday Goose Pond Island Triathlons
7:30 am 417 Ed Hembree Drive, Scottsboro, AL 35769
Sprint Triathlon Ind. 500 Meter Swim, 12 Mile Bike, 5K Run
June 2, 2018, Saturday Grandman Triathlon
7:00 am Fairhope Municipal Pier, 4 North Beach Road, Fairhope, AL 36532
Sprint Triathlon 1/3 Mile Swim, 18.6 Mile Bike, 3.1 Mile Run
June 9, 2018, Saturday Buster Britton Memorial Triathlon
7:00 am Oak Mountain State Park, 200 Terrace Dr., Pelham, AL 35124
Sprint Triathlon 400 Yard Swim, 12 Mile Bike, 3 Mile Run
Swimming: 400M Freestyle (open water), Cycling: 20K, Road Race: 5K
1. Athletes must provide their own bicycles, helmets, running and swim gear, and energy supplements.
2. All equipment must meet USA Triathlon standards.
Awards will be presented for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place for each age division within each gender once all races have been completed and times are compared.
1. All athletes completing a triathlon at a 2018 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2019 National Senior Games.
2. Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer a triathlon event may qualify for triathlon by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
3. Athletes who reside in a state that does offer the triathlon and does not participate in that state qualifier event can qualify by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
4. Triathlon competitions used for qualifying purposes must adhere to expected standards for the conduct of that sport. All three triathlon elements must be held consecutively on the same day with no scheduled rest periods.
5. Each element must be at least as long as the triathlon event at Nationals (400-Meter Swim, 20K Cycling, 5K Road Race).